April Favourites



There have been so many things I've been loving this past month and so I thought I'd show you a few of my beauty faves.





I'm not going to lie, one of the main reasons I picked this up is the beautiful packaging, it's so classy. I'm also a bit of a sucker for finishing powders and thought I'd give this one a go as it said it was good for dry and combination skin which I have.  Its gorgeous, so smooth, it doesn't cake and sits really well on top of foundation and my concealer.  I use the colour cream which suits my skintone well.  The price is so affordable and for such a great product I'd happily pay more.  This is one I will repurchase time and time again.




Seriously hands down the best drugstore under eye concealer!  Bold statement I know but for me it's a total winner.  I have quite dark under eyes and this hides them so well.  It doesn't crease and it feels light on my skin.  I'm a huge concealer junkie and love trying out new ones but I've found that this is the one for me.  If  I'm having a day where my under eyes are especially dark I will add a little of my next April favourite and it's a perfect combination I find.



I came across this by chance when a sales assistant in Space NK recommended it.  It's honestly one of my favourite products ever not just this month.  It's long wearing, crease resistant and really helps your concealer stay put.  You apply it by blending the product with your finger tips and it seriously makes so much difference.  Even on it's own it's amazing.  It's the kind of product I'd use on holiday when you feel you need a little coverage but don't want to wear loads of make up.  A little goes a long way too.



I've tried a few different heat protectors and this is the first one I've found that doesn't leave a horrible residue or leave my hair feeling greasy after I've dried it.  My hair feels soft and easy to mange with no annoying fly aways. I highly recommended this. 


Bourjois 123 Perfect Colour Correcting Cream  £9.99



I often prefer to wear a lighter base to work as there is usually air con or heating on full blast and my skin is left feeling really tight and uncomfortable if I wear a fuller coverage foundation.  This CC cream is incredible.  It has such good coverage while still feeling so light.  It has three colour correcting pigments.  Apricot for anti fatigue, Green for anti redness and White for anti dark spots.  All that, plus it's oil free, gives 24 hour hydration and contains SPF 15.  The product applies really easily so you really don't need too much, which means the tube lasts really well.  I've been using this for a while now and I will definitely repurchase.


Nyx Professional Makeup Duo Chromatic Illuminating Powder £9.00



I like the idea of highlighters and I like them on other people but I've not really found one that looks that great on me.  I have tried some pretty expensive high end highlighters which are absolutely stunning but I can't afford to spend that much all the time and so I have been hunting for a drugstore one that achieved the look I am after.  This new little Nyx gem does just that, it adds a really subtle dab of highlight, that slight shimmer but nothing too over the top.  It's buildable if you want a bit more of a glow but for me this is just right for that more casual make up look and at £9, what a bargain!

๐Ÿ’•



Three Items I'm Lusting After



Buy Dune Courtnee Cross Strap Court Shoes, Blush Online at johnlewis.com

YVES SAINT LAURENT Touche ร‰clat Glow Shot (1

๐Ÿ’•


My Favourite Blogger of the Week - Claire Chanelle

Claire is one of my top inspirations, she's so down to earth and stays true to herself.  She's not afraid to speak her mind and be completely upfront which I love as I feel her opinions are totally honest and always her own.  If you love high end fashion hauls, unboxings, travel, vlogs and all that exciting stuff then head over to Claire's channel as she is absolutely smashing it.  My favourite platform of hers is Snapchat, she's hilarious.  Claire shows you little insights in to her home life with her lovely husband Paris and her cute pups, events she's at, sneak peeks of things she's bought and lots more.  Go check her out, you won't be disappointed.

Follow her here
           Blog             
         Twitter          
     Instagram     
      Snapchat - IamChouquette
       Youtube       

Take Care

Kel x




Comments

Popular Posts