Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation Review

I thought I'd do a little review on this incredible product.  I love trying new foundations and of all the different types of makeup, this is my favourite thing to discover new ones of.  After all we are all looking for that perfect base (starts humming 'all about that bass').


I'm not going to lie, I came across and essentially bought the Giorgio Armani luminous silk foundation because it was highly recommended by quite a few other bloggers.  At £37.00 I was a little unsure as to whether I should go for it but a trip to Selfridges later and it was mine and I tell you now, I don't regret it at all.  The packaging is beautiful and sleek, it has a great buildable coverage without it feeling heavy or cakey, it allows your skin to breathe whilst still giving you the confidence that your skin looks flawless.  In my opinion this foundation has it all.


It's also oil free and really hydrating so should work with all skin types and I believe it comes in 21 shades so there should be a colour to suit us all.  The pump makes it really easy to dispense the right amount of product meaning less is wasted which is good given the higher price point.  I used Nivea men sensitive cooling post shave balm as a primer and then my RealTechniques beauty blender to apply.  It went on so easily and left my skin feeling lightweight whilst looking dewy and so flawless. I bought it in shade 4 as the lady at the counter did a colour match and it's seriously the perfect colour for me.  I've not found another foundation that matches my skin tone so well.  I applied it at about 10am and it was still giving amazing coverage at 11pm that night.  It really made me feel so confident all day long.


Now I'm not going to say you all should definitely rush out and buy it because as much as it says it works for all skin types maybe it won't and as I mentioned it's quite expensive, although I do think it's worth the money and it will last you quite a while.  I intend to use this more for weekends or nights out and use a cheaper foundation for work and every day use, just so that it lasts me that bit longer. The lady at the Armani counter told me that due to the foundation's formula I wouldn't need to use powder on top which was another selling point for me as I find powder can clog up and irritate my skin occasionally.  I actually did need to use a little powder but not nearly as much as with other foundations so this is still a massive plus for me.

Overall I highly recommend this beautiful foundation and if you are thinking of investing in a high end product, this might just be the one for you.

As always thanks for stopping by.

Take care

Kel x

Comments

  1. Hi Kel this is definitely a foundation I would like to try - do you know where I can purchase it apart from Selfridges?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I believe you can get it from John Lewis, House of Fraser and Debenhams. The online store Feelunique sell it too.
      Hope this helps :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts