Shopping for my Winter Wardrobe.

There are so many things I love about this time of year, log fires, hot chocolate with little marshmallows, snuggling up on the sofa watching Christmas movies and of course shopping for my Winter wardrobe.  

Those beautifully soft cashmere sweaters, the classic black boots and that amazing statement coat. The shops are filled with so many beautiful pieces and so I thought I would show you a few of the pieces I have picked up and also a few I would love Santa to bring me this year. 


The first piece I bought was an investment item.  I decided to buy myself a cashmere roll neck jumper.  They're so warm, go with everything and are such good quality that they will last several Winter seasons.  This one is super snuggly and looks lovely with a pair of black jeans.

If cashmere isn't your thing they have some great alternatives in Next, New Look Asos and Zara. These are my go to places for a few more affordable pieces of knitwear.


Next I like to try and buy myself a couple pairs of new jeans, perhaps one in blue and one in black.  I don't think you need to spend a lot on jeans as the high street has so many great quality options.  Once I have found a shop or a brand that I feel suits my figure and style I tend to stick to it and for me that's Topshop and Next.


A pair of black boots is a must for me this time of year (to be honest any time of year!) I love them and have way too many pairs but for me they just give any outfit that perfect finishing touch.  Black boots are so versatile, they go with jeans, skirts, dresses the lot.  I like to have a heeled pair and a flat pair.  This year my heeled choice came from Kurt Geiger. They have a beautiful detailed heel that just gives that something extra. The heel isn't too high either so are really comfortable
(They are currently in the sale if you feel like treating yourself)


My dream pair would be the new Christian Louboutin but at £675 they are little beyond my budget. Santa are you listening?




I'm still on the hunt for my perfect flat boots as there are so many to choose from and as they last me several seasons I want to take my time finding the right pair.  I thought I'd include some I've been looking at...


Dune £80

Topshop £42


Next on my list is the perfect coat, I think a coat is a real statement piece.  In the cold weather you don't tend to take it off much so it's really the main part of your outfit.  I don't necessarily spend a lot, I tend to go more on what I love than investing, as often styles change and I can't lie I have a slight obsession with coats and jackets and don't want to bankrupt myself.  There are obviously the classics like the Burberry trench but again that's way out of my budget.
This year I shopped on the high street for my two favourites and they are my new faux leather biker from Warehouse and my faux wool coat from Missguided.


Warehouse £52


 Missguided £60


There are so many things that make an outfit, it's not all about spending a ton of money.  You might choose to invest in just one piece like a Burberry scarf or a designer bag and those items will completely pull an outfit together but equally if your budget doesn't stretch to any of that it doesn't matter.  I always think if you look for classic pieces in a good quality fabric. styles that don't look like they will date easily and pieces that are in good neutral colours that will go with a variety of things in your wardrobe, then you're on to a winner.



What are your winter wardrobe essentials?

As always, thanks for stopping by,

Take care

Kel x










A

Comments

Popular Posts