17 Things I Learnt in 2017



  1. I love him even more!  Ok lets kick this off with a nice, although maybe a little cringey one.   At the beginning of 2017 I didn’t think it was possible to be any happier or more loved up with my boyfriend than I already was but on my birthday in February he asked me to be his wife and I literally haven’t stopped smiling since.
  2. Reconnecting with old friends is one of the best feelings ever and it’s never too late.  An old school friend and I hadn’t met up for ages just due to life being busy but we finally found time and arranged to meet for an early dinner.  We met at 6.30 and the next thing we knew the waiters were giving us massive hints to leave, it was 10,30, we had just spent 4 hours chatting, laughing and catching up.  Perfect!
  3. Some relationships are just not meant to be.  A close family member and I have had a difficult relationship over the years but I can honestly put my hand on my heart and say I tried my hardest to make it work but like all relationships, it’s a two way street.  In the middle of this year they made the decision to cut ties and although initially I wasn't sure how I'd feel, it’s been the best thing, so much negativity and stress has gone and I feel so much happier and more confident.
  4. Telling the truth doesn’t always win you friends.  This year I spoke up about someone’s behaviour and a few people didn’t believe me. At first I was angry and couldn’t understand it as one of the things I pride myself on is honesty but with help from those around me I realised the people that really know me know the truth and the rest don’t matter.  Often people pretend they don't know the truth as it's easier for them to deal with.  I’m a big believer in the truth always coming out in the end.
  5. I need to stress less.  Stressing does me no good, it ages you, it’s seriously bad for your health and it changes absolutely nothing so in 2018 I am going to work hard at stressing less.
  6. I'm great at spending money I should not be left in Selfridges unsupervised.
  7. I’m braver than I give myself credit for. I have had a few medical things to deal with this year and although I was terrified about most, I dealt with them and am stronger for it........literally.
  8. I need to challenge myself more.  I was lucky to get the job I have but it’s not particularly challenging.  I know I can do more and achieve more so this year I started a course in Social Media Marketing to try and change my career.
  9. My own style.  I love watching YouTube and reading blogs but it’s so easy to find that your wardrobe resembles your favourite bloggers even without realising it.  This year I really found my own style not just in fashion but in homeware too and I’ve received so many compliments. I’m loving finding my own style and putting my own stamp on things.
  10. It's Lush.  There is no limit to how many times I can watch Gavin and Stacey
  11. There is an odd sock elf that steals socks out of the washing.  That is the only possible explanation for why I have so many odd socks.
  12. My great aunt and uncle are the best example of marriage.  Both in their 90s, they live together, still hold hands and laugh together like they’re teenagers.
  13. I can’t drink like I used to.  This year I’ve been to several weddings, had nights out with friends and nights in with the family and there’s always lots of drinks involved. I used to be able to drink all night, I could match most people drink for drink but now I seem to have a cut off point, a stage where I literally can’t drink anymore. I need to get some practice in ready for my hen weekend.
  14. I’m definitely ready to have a baby.  My fiance and I have talked about having children a lot and as much as I always wanted them I wasn’t 100% sure I was ready but this year I have categorically realised I am. I can’t wait. Trouble is it’s not always as easy as you’d hoped.
  15. Nothing worth having comes easy.  This year the baby trail has been bumpy to say the least (no pun intended).  Every time we took a step forward we would take 5 back and it was hard not to get disheartened but we carried on and stayed positive and now finally it feels like we are moving in the right direction.
  16. My oldest friend is my biggest support.  My best friend Naomi and I have been friends since we were 2 and despite her moving, going to different schools and having totally different friends, we have always remained close.  She was the first person I asked to be my bridesmaid when I got engaged and she has been a constant source of support and advice with baby info.  I love her like she’s my sister, she’s been amazing this year.
  17. I’m the worlds worst blogger.  My last blog was in April where I said I was going to start blogging agaIn haha   I’m going to try and blog regularly in 2018 but hey..... I’m not going to stress about it right?

Happy New Year guys

What have you learnt in 2017?

Kel x

Comments

Popular Posts